Monday, July 25, 2011

But It Has No Pictures!

Yes, a photo-less entry, for a few reasons.
One, I'm at a friend's house. (It's currently past midnight and she is playing Dead Space while I'm farting about on the laptop.) And two...well mostly because I'm at a friend's house and didn't bring my camera.

But I am on a roll. I've finished the gusset on the second sock of a pair that I've been knitting on and off four 7 months, at least. Of course I only know this because on another blog type thing, I was talking about knitting on them...and that entry was 7 months ago...I swear I'm normally not that slow in knitting socks, I swear.

The real news I want to talk about though, is that when I was reading the other day, I think a knitting blog or something, I had an epiphany.

First, let me tell you a story. I had once gotten this yarn, which is a story for another day as it was a frustrating battle to find the right color that I wanted. The yarn thought was Malabrigo Worsted, and it's lovely. I wanted to knit a hat out of it, and so I did. A basic beanie hat to keep my head warm during the lovely Maine winter. Thought I had made all the perfect measurements, but I knitted it too short. Sadly, I ripped back and decided to knit it again, it really didn't take that long in the first place anyway.
Knit it again, lengthening it....and knitting it too short. Again.
After a little tantrum, I bitterly threw the hat onto my book shelf and left it there for months.

Now this epiphany was an idea to make it longer, without having to knit it all over. Which is to just pick up the stitches on edge of the hat and just knit from there. Making it long enough and make me a happy camper.  (Of course it is a simple idea, but I felt like a genius when I thought it up.)

Alas, I have lost the original ball of Malabrigo.

Which is around 11 dollars a skein.

I'm a sad Kenzie. Hopefully it'll turn up...somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment