Saturday, July 23, 2011

Shifty Eyes

...Don't mind the nerd in the corner, typing in her blog that she has neglected for months.
Insert shifty eyes.

Well, time to get back into the groove I would say! I'm knitting furiously again and feel the need to tell the world! (and by world, I mean the empty internet known as my knitting blog. I suppose it's better than boring my friends with all the actually amazing details of new yarn I've bought.)

So as everyone should know, unless you don't live in any type of society or connection to the internet (how are you reading this then?) you should know that the final Harry Potter movie has come out, and all the fans are all a flutter. I am a large HP fan, though not as die hard as some friends, and very laidback when it comes to seeing the movies.
I actually haven't even seen Part 1 of the 7th book adaptation. Though wishing I did, so I can go see this final one in the theaters. (Saw the first one in theaters, want to see the last one in theaters. You know, for memory sake.)
I'm mentioning this, because with all the Harry Potter delight going around the internet and sites that I love to frequent, I've had an inspiration to finally knit some Hogwarts House Scarves. Not just for me, but for basically all my friends that like the books/movies. (This is quite a lot mind you.)

Of course, it also means that I've had to become a sorting hat and figure out which House all my friends belong in! (Thanks to mulitple different websites about the history and characteristics preferred in each House,  and the help of more friends, I think I've got them all down.)

So meet the first scarf;


(Don't mind the icky photo, like I said, it's 90+ degrees up here in Maine.)
It's my friend Wren's Hufflepuff scarf to be! This picture is quite outdated, as I've made much more progress on it since the picture was taken. 

Now just to do;
1 more Hufflepuff scarves
1 Ravenclaw scarf (mine!)
1 Slytherin scarf
2 Gryffindor scarves

Probably will make more, but these are for my close friends who are fans. c:

Happy Knitting and hopefully will blog much sooner than before!

No comments:

Post a Comment